Opportunities often come in strange packages. The very “shame” that you hate, could be the very thing God can and will use to help others find Him. Will you let Him? No hiding. No excuses. No running. No blaming. No compromising. Get real with God and others and allow your failures to be something that helps others! God is a specialist who is able to turn our failures into moments of joy.
Scripture is full of people who God used even though they had failed significantly. Consider…
- Matthew – a government employee who ripped people off became a closer follower of Jesus.
- Gideon – a timid and less than willing laborer who became an intrepid leader of men.
- Jacob – liar and deceiver whose name became Israel.
- Moses – stuttered and murdered AND THEN became a deliverer.
- David – an adulterer who was called a man after God’s own heart.
- Esther – an orphan who became a queen.
- Peter – a businessman who denied Christ became one of the world’s greatest teachers.
- Hezekiah – an idolatrous father’s son (not a great way to start life) became a king known around the world for doing right in the eyes of God.
- Isaiah – a man of unclean lips was used to prophecy about the birth of Jesus.
- Paul – a persecutor and murderer became the greatest missionary in history and the author of two-thirds of the New Testament.
God is not afraid to use the failure that we experience for good. He’s a specialist. God is in the business of recycling our pain and using it to help others walk out of the cell of shame. Will you let Him do that for you?